This dish explodes with irresistible flavours. The delicate flavour of sweet potato goes perfectly well with the velvety aubergine and aromatic spices. The tomato adds just that little bit of freshness. Serve with couscous and chickpeas or fried oyster mushrooms to create a full meal.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Cover a baking tray or oven dish with bakery paper.
- Spread the vegetables onto it.
- Mix in the ras-el-hanout, garlic powder, nigella seed, half of the parsley, olive oil, soy sauce and syrup.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and give it all a good ‘rub’ to mix well.
- Transfer the vegetables to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, until thoroughly roasted.
- 3 aubergines
- 2 sweet potatoes, in 2,5 cm cubes
- 4 fairly large tomatoes, wedged
- 2 large onions, wedged
- 2 tbsp ras-el-hanout
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nigella seed
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave, maple or rice syrup
- A generous amount of salt and freshly ground pepper