- Cut the aubergine into small slices. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the slices of aubergine for roughly 4-5 minutes until they are a rich golden brown colour on both sides. Remove them from the pan with a skimmer and leave them to drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic, the onion, the tomatoes and the basil (save a few leaves of basil for garnish). Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. After 20 minutes, add the tomato puree. Remove the pan from the heat and puree the tomato sauce.
- Boil the pasta “al dente” in a pan with plenty of water and a pinch of salt. Drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the tomato sauce, along with half of the ricotta and the slices of aubergine.
- Divide the pasta among the plates and garnish them with the rest of the ricotta and a few leaves of fresh basil.
500 gram spaghetti
1200 gram tomatoes, diced
- 2tsp concentrated tomato puree
1 clove of garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
60 gram ricotta
Salt and pepper