- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Cut the aubergines lengthwise through the middle; do not remove the stalk. Hollow out each of the halves using an ice cream scoop, leaving about 0.5 cm of the flesh in place. Sprinkle the inside with salt.
- Dice the removed aubergine flesh. Chop the onion and garlic. Heat some olive oil in a large pan and then fry the onion and garlic in it.
- After 8 minutes, add the minced meat and fry until cooked. Add the chunks of aubergine to the pan and fry while stirring. Now add the tin of tomatoes, thyme, and cinnamon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fill the aubergine halves with the meat mixture and place some pieces of (goat) cheese on top. Place in an oven dish and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake the aubergines for 20 minutes in the oven, then remove the aluminium foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is brown and the aubergines are cooked.
Serve as you like; baked potatoes, rice, or pasta all go very well with this dish.
- 2 aubergines
200 gram minced meat
- 400 gram tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 50 gram soft goat cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil