Nasu aubergine pickles with European squid
- Marinate the European squid with the sliced pepper and garlic.
- Cut the aubergines into 2 cm blocks and fry them in the oil until golden brown, then lay them on a plate.
- Heat the sugar with the red pepper, garlic, ginger, crushed peppercorns, cardamom, cumin seeds, curry powder and the coriander seeds.
- Add the aubergines to the mixture on a low heat making sure to thoroughly combine the ingredients. Finally add the sherry vinegar.
- Softly simmer for 15 minutes and season the pickles with salt.
Dressing the plate:
- Place the aubergine pickles on a plate and flash fry the European squid in a very hot pan, then finish with lemon and olive oil.
- Garnish the dish with cress and herbs.