- Remove the crown; cut the aubergine into roughly 2 cm thick slices. Score the slices with a knife.
- Make a marinade out of the sesame oil, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, Kikkoman soy sauce, a little freshly ground chilli, and the grated ginger.
- Brush the marinade onto the purpura slices in a thick layer. Grill the auberigne slices on both sides for about 20 minutes total on a moderately hot BBQ or in a grill pan until they are golden brown, soft, and cooked.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- Freshly ground chilli pepper to taste
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- Half a bunch of freshly chopped coriander