- Clean and split the eggplants in half and then into slices. Peel off the onion and garlic, slice the onion and garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil in a pot with the mustard seed. Add salt and pepper.
- Fry the eggplant in batches in the remaining oil in a frying pan and keep it aside on a plate.
- Split, remove the seeds and thinly cut the chili pepper. Peel and grate the ginger. Rinse the chickpeas and let the liquid drain away from them. Put it into the pot together with the rest of the spices, coconut milk and water.
- Let the dish cook for about 20 minutes. Add the eggplant and cook for about another 5 minutes. Season the dish with lime juice, salt and pepper. Cut the tomatoes and add them to the dish.
Serve the dish with rice and cilantro.
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of oil
- 1 tbsp of yellow mustard seed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red spanish pepper
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 400 gram of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of garam masala
- 2 tbsp of turmeric
- 400 ml of coconut milk
2 dl of water
200 gram of cherry tomatoes