- Remove the green top. Cut the aubergine into rounds approximately 2 cm thick and then score the slices.
- Give the slices a good coating of sunflower oil.
- Simmer the miso, sugar, sake, mirin, and grated ginger together in a small pan until it reduces into a sauce.
- Lay each slice of aubergine on a piece of aluminium foil and evenly spread the sauce over it.
- Fold up the little aluminium parcels.
- Place the little parcels on a hot BBQ or in a frying pan and let them cook gently for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Unfold the little parcels and sprinkle with freshly chopped spring onions.
Delicious with teriyaki-honey chicken skewers, or as a side dish with freshly sliced sashimi with candied ginger, wasabi, and soya sauce.
- 1 aubergine
- 3 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 100 gram miso
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp sake
- 5 Tbsp mirin
- 1 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch of spring onions