- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the aubergine into slices no more than ¾ cm thick. Lightly grease both sides of the slices with oil and arrange them side by side on the baking tray. Bake them for 12 minutes in the oven.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the tomato pieces and gently cook the sauce for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon some of the sauce onto the oven dish, cover with a layer of aubergine slices and mozzarella. Repeat the layers and end with tomato sauce and cheese on top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake the lasagne for 30 minutes.
Delicious with rocket salad and ciabatta bread.
1 large aubergine
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 gram beef tomatoes, in small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ball mozzarella, thinly sliced