- Preheat the oven to 190 °C then bake the aubergines complete with skins for 30 to 40 minutes until they’re cooked through.
- Allow the aubergines to cool, then remove the skins and mash them along with a mixture of finely chopped sage, coriander, pine nuts, and parsley (note: can also be finely chopped in a food processor).
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, and some extra virgin olive oil to make a smooth consistency.
Allow the flavours to mingle and then serve along with tapas and freshly baked bread or crostini.
- 500 gram aubergines
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- ¼ bunch coriander
- ¼ bunch parsley
- 2 Tbsp roasted pine nuts
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic